Saturday, April 4, 2009

Forward

I've got feelers out to another orthopedist, I'm researching the injury, and I ran today. Not far or fast, but pain-free. I'll take it slow and let the knee be my guide. 

A lawyer friend of mine knows a pro-basketball referee whose familiar with the sport's clinic all the Lakers use. There's about six degrees of separation in that connection, but mayhap I can obtain a contact to whom I'll send my MRI report and garner some treatment info. 

Sport's docs. I need a sport's doc. When you describe your passion for a sport to a doctor, who then says, 'Can't you do something else?', then you know you're dealing with the wrong guy.

Speaking of sports medicine, there's the most noble Dr. Smith of Pasadena. If nothing else, I should ask him his opinion. 

3 comments:

  1. I'll keep you in my prayers; I know it sounds cliche, but I will!

    You should tell them to lop off both legs so you can be one of those awesome bionic runners who out runs everyone with little effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a cliche to me. I believe it helps.

    There's a guy who bounds around the Rose Bowl on one of those bionic legs. Pretty darn spry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get bionic arms too, can you run on all fours? :0

    ReplyDelete