Sunday, March 15, 2009

Howdy!

Back in September 2008, while training for a marathon that I hoped would get me Boston, I suffered a knee injury. Over the months, this injury has been variously diagnosed as a stress fracture, tendinitis, bone bruise, and cartilage tear. I'm weary of cross-training, but that is my lot. Hopefully, a new doctor will get me the treatment I need to heal properly and return to the roads. In the meantime, I thought I'd open this running blog. 

Since 2005, I've been blogging at Write Enough. At first I sporadically chronicled runs with Team in Training, as well as thoughts on various animation writing projects. (The thing that occupies my time when I'm not training.) But I've decided to branch out and dedicate these pages to running and runners, big and little goals, injuries, triumphs, cross-training, defeats, mental and physical preparation and all the things that go into the sport.

Not long ago I came across a YouTube interview with Billy Mills, 10K champ at the 1964 Olympics. I was blown away by how Mills used his subconscious to program victory. I was inspired by his race and how he refused to deny his dream and settle for less. This site is dedicated to Billy Mills and all who strive, at whatever level, to make their own mark in running.
"Say you can,
Say you can't,
Either way,
You're probably right."
--Old Adage

No comments:

Post a Comment