Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Am A Big Chicken

I bailed on swimming this morning and felt bad. I stink at swimming. Naturally, the answer is lessons and swim more, but bailing seemed easier. I ended up doing some core work later in the day. Tomorrow, I see the new doc about my knee. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end. The last orthopedist I spoke with leaned toward meniscus tear. I know runners who have recovered from that. If that's what I have, I hope to be one too.

Without running, I've put on about 16 pounds since September. My cholesterol is up and I have to watch what I eat. I hate watching what I eat. There's nothing like a big, high-mileage breakfast after a long run. Ha, well. No more of that. But it'll be good to whittle away poundage before I hit the road again.

2 comments:

  1. Yo John! Are you healthy enough to run in Derby Days on April 4th?
    Mel and I would love to see you there.
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay,

    Alas, I won't be running till possibly July.

    Is that Santa Anita Derby Days?

    ReplyDelete